Practical Info for London Super Trunk Show May 13th
This weekend it’s finally time for the London Super Trunk Show, the world’s largest open event for classic men’s shoes. Here’s some practical info for those who plan to visit us on Saturday.
Most probably know this buy now, but to summarize things: In this post you can read all the info about the London Super Trunk Show, hosted by Shoegazing and The Shoe Snob, and here you’ll find the Facebook page for the event. This will be the world’s largest open event for classic shoes, held in the central parts of London on Saturday May 13 in the venue The Music Room, located at 26 South Molton Lane. We will gather 11 exhibitors from all over the world: Barbanera, Carlos Santos/Skoaktiebolaget, Caulaincourt, Hiro Yanagimachi, J. FitzPatrick Footwear, Norman Vilalta, Ramon Cuberta, Stefano Bemer, The Sabot (Meccariello, Yohei Fukuda), Vass and Yanko/Skolyx. Main partner of the event is the shoe care brand Saphir, partners are Fred & Matt overshoes and the bag and accessory brand Carl Friedrik (recently rebranded from Oppermann London). There will be the first World Championships in Shoe Shining in collaboration with Saphir, and a panel discussion with people from the British shoe industry.
The schedule for the day:
10.00-11:00 Trunk show VIP opening (150 pre-registered visitors, FULL)
11:00-20:00 Trunk show open for the public, FREE OF CHARGE AND NO REGISTRATION NEEDED.
15.00-15.30 World Championships in Shoe Shining in cooperation with Saphir, 1st prize shoes from Loake
18:00-18:40 Panel discussion about the future for the market of classic shoes. With Tony Gaziano, co-founder Gaziano & Girling, Chris Than, Store Manager Crockett & Jones 69 Jermyn Street, Sarah Nelson, co-owner A Fine Pair of Shoes. Moderator Simon Crompton of Permanent Style.
20.00 Event closes
Some practical info:
– The venue is located on the second floor, with entry from the small street 26 South Molton Lane, up the stairs. There will be a wardrobe served by people from the charity organisation Marie Curie, who care and support through terminal illness. They are doing a lot of work for us, please do bring some cash and thank them. It will be a mandatory £1 coat/bag check. There’s toilets on the same floor as the venue space. There won’t be any serving of any kind, but there’s plenty of places nearby if you need something to eat or drink.
– At 10.00 we open for those who have pre-registered for the VIP opening. After 11.00 it will be open to the public, and we carry on all day until 20.00 in the evening. We don’t know how many visitors there will be, but it might be crowdy during times around some exhibitors tables, be prepared for that, have patience, respect each other and it will work out just fine.
– At each exhibitors table there will be a bench, mirrors and in most cases carpets. All exhibitors will have lot of samples on display. Many of the exhibitors with RTW shoes will have shoes to be sold on sight, and all will take orders. If you try on Ready to Wear models, please only wear them gently on the carpets, don’t walk away with them in the venue. The partners will also sell their products during the day. Most exhibitors will accept credit cards, some will use mainly PayPal for the transaction. In some cases there’s exclusive offers during the day, keep your eyes up.
– There’s two sessions at the “stage area”, World Championships in Shoe Shining between 15.00-15.30, and the panel discussion about the future for the market of classic shoes between 18.00-18.40. The stage area is located in one corner of the venue. There will be bar tables for the polishing contestants and panel members, and for the audience in front we’ll have some benches, and behind that you’ll have to stand. It might be crowdy especially during the shoe shining championships, with limited vision, be prepared for that. We hope it will work out.
– In social media we’ll use the hashtag #supertrunk for the event, please use it when you post pics in social media.
You are all very welcome on Saturday, hope to see many of you there!