Dandy Shoe Care X J.FitzPatrick Blog Exclusive
I am proud to announce the newest The Shoe Snob Blog exclusive: the collaboration between my brand, J.FitzPatrick and the patina extraordinaire Dandy Shoe Care. As a big fan of the idea of patina and the beauty that it can create in footwear, I thought that it would be fun to offer all of you a chance to get a J.FitzPatrick shoe with your very own customized patina on it. Therefore I reached out to Alexander, of whom I am a great fan of, in order to find a way to work together and thus bring this collaboration to all of you.
As you can see here, the Tony II model on the LPB last (soft chisel) is the shoe on offer and to give you an example of what can be done, I had a patina put on by Alexander (of Dandy Shoe Care) as a way to give some of you some inspiration. Being that I am quite fond of my “bouncy ball” effect on this Tony model, I asked Alexander to follow that idea with the coloring of the shoe, thus separating the colors blue and grey through the brogueing by adding a nice fade effect. This of course he did beautifully and even added his own touch of artistry by putting a bit of yellow, pink and other various colors in the grey shade to give it a bit of character and depth. This is the beauty of his skill and what he brings to his patina. My idea was very black and white and he added color to it! That being, when you work with him may I suggest you give him a bit of leeway to do his own thing as this is what he specializes in…
The Facts of the Exclusive:
– The shoes cost £430 (ex VAT £358.33) and this includes the cost of the patina and the red travel shoe trees. Shipping will be on top depending on where you live. UK = Free Shipping, The EU (+Switzerland) = Free & Rest of World = £20 (these are clearly discounted prices to what I regularly charge on the actual e-commerce site and is done so strictly as an exclusive to this collaboration and to thank all of you for your loyalty)
– The shoe in the picture is not what you are getting unless you specifically ask for it. The shoe starts off as white and you can create whatever color combination that you like, even using 5 colors if you wanted….
– Sizing is from UK6-UK12 with half sizes (exception is UK11.5)
– Turnaround time is 2-3 months. We will aim at being quicker (in which most cases we will) but being that Alexander is a one man band who takes a 1 month holiday for the month of July (not to mention his regular clients and other collaborations) things can thus be a bit slow sometimes. But it is never good to rush artistic quality anyway, so bear this in mind. Chances are they will be done sooner, particularly for those that order straight away.
– As soon as the shoe is purchased, I will put you in touch with Alexander in order to directly communicate with him on what it is that you would like to have. (Certain things may have an up charge that you would pay Alexander directly – depending on their difficulty. One example is camouflage. But I have tried to make it so that most things are inclusive in that price. However certain things are very difficult for him and inevitably take more time and thus cost more)
– The shoe is non-refundable for anything other than defectiveness.
– To save on time and money for all, the shoes will be sent directly to Alexander after purchasing. This ensures that your pair gets started on as quickly as possible and saves you unnecessary shipping expenditures.
I hope that you all enjoy this collaboration and I truly look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with!
Justin, “The Shoe Snob”
Look below to see more examples of other Dandy Shoe Care Patina’s